Force Celeste Chenin 2021 Mother Rock Wines

$23.00

Tax includedShipping calculated at checkout

Only 4 left!

South Africa Swartland

Grape variety: Chenin Blanc

Made from 37 -year -old single-vineyard vines in Padeberg on granite soil . dry farming. Bush Vine. After hand-harvesting and sorting, 70% of the grapes are pressed in whole bunches, fermented in stainless steel tanks ( low temperature of 14 °C) and 300 liter old barrels, and aged on the lees for about 6 months. The remaining 30% of the grapes were fermented for 4 weeks (skinferment), then pressed and aged in stainless steel tanks and 300 liters of old barrels for about 5 months with lees. (Overall proportions: 90% stainless steel tanks, 10% old barrels ) All blended and bottled unfiltered and without antioxidants over a few days in August .

Maker Johan Meyer A beloved character nicknamed Stompy by everyone because of his petite and friendly personality. A wonderful producer who creates a fascinating and delicate wine that is unimaginable from its appearance. Diploma in oenology and agronomy from Elsenberg College. After that, he studied the basics of winemaking, especially Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, in California's Napa Valley, Central Coast, and New Zealand. He returned to South Africa in 2008 and won numerous awards as head winemaker and viticulturalist at a small winery in Thalbach. From 2010 to the present, Winemaker and own brand of wine at Mount Abora, Swartland. From now on, I would like to show the world that South Africa takes wine making seriously by expressing the South African terroir and producing top quality wines.