Mother Rock White Blend 2020 Mother Rock Wines


Tax includedShipping calculated at checkout

Only 6 left!

south africa swartland

Grape varieties: 41% Chenin Blanc, 25% Viognier, 19% Grenache Blanc, Semillon

It features a refreshing and accented green scent like ripe lemon, Chinese quince and fresh sage. The taste is high acidity with a good balance of fruitiness, white flowers, and a moderate vanilla scent. This time, VT has a refreshing herb feel like Mother Rock White, but you can feel more volume in a good way.

Made from 19-44 year old vines grown in 5 different areas of the granite Swartland region (mainly masago, red clay, laterite and cyst). dry farming. Bush Vine. After hand-harvesting and sorting, 85% of the grapes are whole bunch pressed, fermented in concrete egg tanks (low temperature of 14°C) and 300 liter old barrels, and aged on lees for about 12 months. The remaining 15% of the grapes were fermented for 4 weeks whole bunches (skinferment), pressed and aged on lees for about 12 months in concrete egg tanks (low temperature of 14°C) and 300 liter old oak barrels. (Ratio: 50% concrete egg tanks, 50% old barrels) All blended in April 2020 and bottled unfiltered and without antioxidants.

Johan Meyer / Johann Mayer

Maker Johan Meyer A beloved character nicknamed Stompy by everyone because of his petite and friendly personality. A wonderful producer who creates a fascinating and delicate wine that is unimaginable from its appearance. Diploma in oenology and agronomy from Elsenberg College. After that, he studied the basics of winemaking, especially Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, in California's Napa Valley, Central Coast, and New Zealand. He returned to South Africa in 2008 and won numerous awards as head winemaker and viticulturalist at a small winery in Thalbach. From 2010 to the present, Winemaker and own brand of wine at Mount Abora, Swartland. From now on, I would like to show the world that South Africa takes wine making seriously by expressing the South African terroir and producing top quality wines.